NARS VELVET LIP GLIDE REVIEW + SWATCHES

Hey Everyone!



It has been some time since I have done a proper makeup product review! I do share some reviews on my instagram's #instastories but those are more so quick first impression reviews. If you are a fan of those, I highly recommend checking those out! :)

Today, I wanted to share my review of the NARS Velvet Lip Glide. Everyone has been loving these lippies all over social media. I thought they were nice when I first saw them in a YouTube video but I was kinda over lip products - very shocking for someone like me! I usually adore collecting various lip products but I was just bored with what was available. Instead of going out and purchasing them, I simply admired them from afar via reading blog posts, watching YouTube videos or window shopping at my local Sephora.

As time went on, my curiosity grew and I kept looking up more reviews and swatches, especially for the shades "Bound" and "Playpen". Occasionally, I went to Sephora's website and kept adding them to my shopping cart but I ended up taking them out or buying something else. Finally, I decided to go ahead and purchase two of these liquid lipsticks.

NARS VELVET LIP GLIDE

 Shades from left to right: Playpen, Bound
 Playpen (soft coral) 

Bound (soft muted smokey rose)


Swatches from top to bottom: Playpen, Bound



Pros:
  • moisturizing - lips felt plump and never dry
  • lightweight - feels light on the lips and thin formula 
  • pigmented - very pigmented 
  • good packaging - sturdy and travel friendly (perfect for those on-the-go days)
  • easy to apply - can easily swipe on and do not need to worry about feathering
  • smells good - soft vanilla scent (barely noticeable but very pleasant)
  • long wearing - wears for 6 - 8 ours on me (unless eating greasy food)
  • formula - starts off glossy and dries semi matte throughout the day (LOVE)
  • mixes well with other lip products - no separating or clumping! 
Cons:
  • packaging - doesn't stay clean ( NARS infamous rubber packaging)
  • Price  - $34 CAN (pricey but I already know they will last a long time due to the awesome formula)
Dupes:
Playpen - more muted and lighter version of L'Oreal Nude Allude
Bound - a lighter version of NARS Anna 

Overall, I really enjoyed these NARS lippies. I think they were worth the wait! They are not a matte liquid lipstick like Stila nor Kat Von D. They are more so a lipstick and lipgloss hybrid. I would recommend these to anyone, especially if you are not a fan of typical matte liquid lipsticks. I am considering purchasing other shades and always open to recommendations! The shades "Stripped" and "Unlaced" seem quite nice!

What are your thoughts on these NARS lip products?

Where to purchase?
Sephora
NARS

Previous Posts:
Beauty Babble #1: Need New Contour Products and Brushes 
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/04/beauty-babble-1-need-new-contour.html


The Unpopular Nail Polish Opinions Tag!
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-unpopular-nail-polish-opinions-tag.html

VANCITY VIRTUAL POTLUCK:  MINI OREO CHEESECAKES 
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/03/vancity-virtual-potluck-mini-oreo.html

FASHION POST: TRENCH COATS
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/01/fashion-post-trench-coats.html
FASHION POST: WOOL KNITS, SWEATERS AND WOOL CASHMERE COATS FEATURING ARITZIA
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/01/fashion-post-wool-knits-sweaters-and.html


* This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !

Hannah,xo 

Comments

Popular Posts