Current Top 5 MAC Lipsticks

Hey Everyone!

The other day, I was thinking about my top MAC lipsticks. I wear a variety of shades with my makeup routine. I love both nudes and bold lip shades. Over the years, I have collected many MAC lipsticks. MAC, one of my favourite brands for lipsticks, has a variety of shades and finishes to suit anyone. I guarantee anyone going into that store will find a lipstick or two that they love.




I decided to showcase shades I use quite frequently and those that suit most people, regardless of their taste and skin tone. My favourite finishes from MAC are satin and matte/retro matte. I always look for rich pigmentation and longevity with my lip products. 

Photos and Swatches!
*used flash*


From Left to Right (MAC) : Honeylove (matte), Brave (satin), Twig (satin), Ruby Woo (matte), Rebel (satin) 

From Left to Right (MAC) : Honeylove (matte), Brave (satin), Twig (satin), Ruby Woo (matte), Rebel (satin) 

Shades:

Honeylove:
  • according to MAC's website, they describe it as a "light beige toned with rose"
  • applies more pink than brown on the lips
  • one of the creamiest matte lipstick shades I have ever owned
  • perfect for any occasion or season
  • pairs perfectly with MAC Soar lip liner or MAC Subculture lip liner 
  • I have an Instagram post comparing this lipstick with similar shades
Brave:
  • according to MAC's website, they describe it as a "pink beige with white pearl"
    • not frosty on the lips nor drying
  • my perfect nude-mauve pink lip colour
  • If MAC angel could not work for you, this should work 
  • perfect for any occasion or season
  • pairs perfectly with MAC Soar lip liner 
  • looks different on everyone but equally as gorgeous 
Twig:
  • according to MAC's website, they describe it as a "soft muted brownish-pink"
  • perfect deep mauve lips 
  • enjoy wearing this during the cooler months
  • creamy but not overly creamy
  • one of the best mauve lip shade on the market
  • pairs perfectly with MAC Soar lip liner 
Ruby Woo:
Rebel
  • according to MAC's website, they describe it as a "midtonal midnight plum"
  • perfect vampy fall lipstick shade
  • hydrating
  • always have people commenting on this lip shade
  • leaves a beautiful pink lip stain
  • pairs perfectly with MAC vino lip liner and MAC burgundy lip liner
  • perfect bold lip shade for anyone to start out with
  • brightens complexion
  • I have a blog post featuring this lipstick 

I hope this helped anyone who needed help deciding what MAC lipstick(s) to start with or add to their collection. When I was first trying MAC lipsticks, I had no idea where to begin. What are your top five MAC lipstick shades? I would love to know!

Where to purchase these products:




Previous blog posts:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveler Palette - Review + Swatches! http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/08/anastasia-of-beverly-hills-shadow.html
Quick L'Oréal Product Review - Featuring La Palette Nude 1, True match Lumi Liquid and Powder Glow Illuminators  
Current Favourite Liquid Foundations - Featuring L'Oréal Products http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/08/current-favourite-liquid-foundations.html
* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 

Comments

Popular Posts